New Rules of Operation (while we as a community deal with the Covid-19 pandemic) Please Read.
- Ascension Tattoo is an Appointment ONLY Tattoo Studio for the time being and will be taking No Walk-ins at this time. You can make an appointment with the artist of your choosing via their Contact form on their individual artist page here on website.
- When coming in for your Appointment or Consultation, you MUST come alone. As our lobby is tiny and studio area small, No Support groups, friends, or family allowed as we are taking extra precautions for Social Distancing.
- EVERYONE entering the building must use the Hand Sanitizer Station at the door and possibly be questioned about your over-all health, and temperature scanned with a touch less infrared Thermometer.
- While your artist is getting set up, you may be asked to wait in your vehicle depending on how busy the studio is on that day. Your artist will take your cell phone number and text or call you when ready for you to come back in and start the tattoo process.
- PLEASE do not put us at risk. If you feel under the weather or mildly ill, we can and will reschedule you. Giving us a 24 hour notice will protect your applicable Deposit. If you come in for your appointment sick and have to be turned away you will lose your deposit.
- Clients will make their artists and shop owner aware if they have a Compromised Immune System prior to Consultation or Appointment.
- Both Artist and Client MUST wear a mask during the tattoo procedure. You will be asked to bring your own mask or face shield that you are comfortable using OR a disposable medical mask will be provided for you at a small cost attached to your tattoo. We also ask you to try to touch surfaces as little as possible while in the studio. Universal Precautions will protect us all.
- Clients may only bring essential items such as phones, glasses, credit card, or medically necessary items with them into the studio.
- Clients are encouraged to pay by Cash but cards are accepted. We do have an ATM on premises.
- We ask everyone to keep any good distance from others when possible and when not being tattooed.
- These are the new regulations and practices that we must adhere to. Please help us protect our health and YOURS while we do our continued best to give you the best possible tattoo.
1. Where is the Studio located?
Ascension Tattoo™ is Located at 832 N. Mills Ave, Orlando 32803. The closest major cross street is Marks st. and just a few blocks north of Colonial (50). Parking is in the rear and on the street.
2. What are your hours?
We are open from 1pm till 10pm Monday – Saturday, and closed on Sundays.
3. Do I need an appointment?
**Amended for Covid-19- Ascension Tattoo will be Temporally APPOINTMENT ONLY.** Contact the Artist you want to work with via their page contact on this site or call the studio to set up an appointment or consultation.
No appointment is necessary for smaller designs, although it is in your best interest to call ahead to make sure an artist is free otherwise you run the risk of waiting or not being able to get tattooed if the studio is busy. If you are interested in a larger tattoo, we suggest coming in for a consultation with the artist of your choice so that they can put your ideas together into a design. With that being said, appointments are suggested for anyone who wants a custom design.
4. What is the best way to go about setting up an appointment?
First and foremost, you should have an idea of precisely who you wish to get tattooed by. Check out our artists portfolios online or at the studio. Once that decision is made, set up a consultation with said artist via email, phone, or by coming in. When we meet, be sure to have as much reference material either on disc, memory stick, or paper form so that we know as much about what you want to do visually as possible. You can leave the design work totally up to us but it helps to have as much input from the customer as possible. It is your tattoo after all.
Next we will map out and trace the area of the design and take a non-refundable deposit for the drawing. This deposit is also to lock-in your appointment. Depending on the Artist, the deposit goes towards the total/final price of the tattoo, for others it is the cost of design time. If you show up over a half hour late without calling or simply do not show up at all you will lose the deposit and it will not go toward the tattoo. The amount of the deposit equals 1 hour of work, depending on the tattoo and how much work goes into the project. Most artists charge $150 per hour, per session unless otherwise mentioned in their Bio (i.e. Ant Iannucci). Deposits are taken to hold your appointment on our calendar and for design time and is non-refundable. We are more than happy to move your appointment if you give us at least 48 hours notice.
Each artist at Ascension handles their Consultations and Design work in different ways. Some Designs are drawn way ahead of the appointment, others are drawn the day before or directly on the skin, depending on the artist and the specific project. Once the consultation and deposit is taken care of, it may take the artist some time to complete a rough draft of the design for you. Once this rough draft is finished, we contact you and you come in to approve it or we make any changes that are called for. At this point we complete the final drawing and schedule the first session of your new tattoo; though this particular scenario is not applicable for those projects that are drawn direct to the skin, designed the night before, or put together on the spot before set up. Please Talk to your artist during consultation to figure out exactly how they are managing this part of the process. If the tattoo is design heavy and has to be drawn in advance, many artists use the non-refundable deposit for the time spent designing the tattoo and the price of deposit does not come off the total price of the tattoo in the end, where as in other cases such as the artist creating in front of you or during the first session, the price of deposit comes off the final session. Again, clarify this with your artist.
5. What about Pricing?
Ascension Tattoo™ has a minimum of $100 for any tattoo work, no matter how small. On the average we charge by the hour. Most artists charge $150 per hour, per session unless otherwise mentioned in their Bio (i.e. Ant Iannucci). Not all tattoos are done by the hour, it is dependent on the size. For smaller tattoos, we will generally quote you a price up-front. Body placement is also a factor in pricing.
6. Do Tattoos Hurt?
Duh. What do you expect having a bunch of little sharp needles breaking the skin and forcing ink into the dermis at a rate of roughly 120-150 times per second? Seriously though, it all depends on the body placement and the individuals pain tolerance. For the most part it is a mild discomfort. You can handle it. Come on…get tattooed.
7. Are Tattoos safe?
At Ascension, we take utmost pride in cleanliness and safety for both YOU, the client and for US, the artists. We provide new disposable needles and tubes for every client, and adhere to strict procedures to avoid any and all cross-contamination. You can expect to see disposable ink holders, disposable razors, and barriers on everything that must be touched during the tattoo process. If it makes you feel safer by all means ask the artist to see the needles and tubes before set-up. We work closely with the Orange County Department of Health to ensure that our methods comply with the most current guidelines.
8. Do you guys do Piercing?
Nope. Thanks for asking.
9. What is your policy on tattooing minors?
Most of our artists do not tattoo minors. On the rare occasion that we do, we would like to know what the tattoo is, schedule an appointment, take a deposit, and we’ll need a signed and notarized form from the Orange County Health Department. Its required by law for anyone in Florida tattooing a minor ages 16-17. You can find the form HERE.
10. Thanks, you have been very helpful!!!
Hey…No problem…It’s what I’m here for.